I change things up pretty often. That being the case, I will try to update this when I find new favorite things. 🙃
I love reading about other people’s workflow’s and the tools they use so I decided to create my own. This page could look completely different next week, but it’s filled with what I like the most right now.
Table of Contents
For everyday things I will typically use the native mac mail, calendar, etc apps. Here are a few exceptions:
Editor / Terminal
- PyCharm: The best Python IDE out there right now in my opinion.
- Atom: This is just a great text editor. I’m using while creating this page right now actually!
- NeoVim: This fork of NeoVim is fantastic, but I found myself using PyCharm more due to random memory leaks. Which I’m 💯 certain is my fault.
- iTerm2: I only use the hotkey quake term feature. I can’t live without it.
Command Line Utilities
- tmux: A terminal multiplexer.
- hub: Created by github for turbo charging your github work flow.
- ghi: Create and view github issues in the terminal!
- ack: Search for code usages through your codebase.
- TodoTxt: A command line app to keep track of daily todo lists.
- Bear: A beautiful app for taking notes via Markdown. Unfortunately only for Mac and iOS.
- Rocket: A popup emoji picker to keep my emoji game strong. 🔥
- BetterSnapTool: Think windows app snapping.
- Synergy: A virtual KVM to share one keyboard and mouse across multiple machines over the network.
- Spotify: Music.
I only really use an iPhone these days. No shade towards Android folk, just my preference at the moment.
- Bear: See above.
- Casts: Podcasts.
- Beam: Reddit.
- hn: Hacker News.
- Pocket: Read articles later and offline.
- Termius: A Terminal app.
- Pythonista: An incredibly rich-featured python app. A
- Strong: Track my workouts.
- Enlight: Photo editing.
- Personal: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
- Work: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2015)
I built this PC about 5 years ago and I’m just updating parts as they need currently.
- Nvidia 970 gtx g1
- 16GB RAM
- A couple of SSD’s
- Windows 10
- Up First: By NPR, a daily 10 minute overview of the current news.
- Talk Python To Me: Interviews with great python developers.
- 99% Invisible: A great podcast about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about.
- RadioLab: Obviously.
Top 5 Books
- American Gods: by Neil Gaiman
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: by Douglas Adams
- The Power of Habit: by Charles Duhigg
- The Martian: by Andy Weir
- Lamb: A depiction of Jesus growing up.